Why – questions



El pasado del verbo to be no tiene formas contractas o reducidas para el afirmativo. Es decir, no puedes decir  I's  como reducción de I waso  You're  en lugar de You were.
En cambio, puedes usar contracciones en el negativo: I WASN'T en reemplazo de I was not y YOU WEREN'T en lugar de You were not.
IMPORTANTE:
I WAS significa tanto YO FUI (del verbo SER, no de IR) como YO ERA lo cual suele confundir a muchos estudiantes hispanohablantes. Observa estos ejemplos:
All his life he WAS a teacher.
Toda su vida él FUE maestro. << aquí FUE no deriva del verbo IR(decir: "Toda su vida él ERA maestro" es incorrecto en español).
My grandfather WAS Italian.
Mi abuelo ERA italiano. << aqui queda mejor usar ERA que FUE.

TRY TO REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING ...
The past of the verb to be no forms contractas or reduced to the affirmative. That is, I can not say I's and reduction waso You're instead of were.
Instead, you can use contractions in the negative: I Was not in place of II was not and you were not in place You were not.
IMPORTANT:
I WAS I WAS means so much (from the verb BE, not IR) and I WAS which tends to confuse many Spanish-speaking students. Look at these examples:
All historical life I WAS a teacher.
All his life he was a teacher. << Here was not derived from the verb IR (say: "All his life he was master" is incorrect in Spanish).
My grandfather WAS Italian.
My grandfather was Italian. Here << is better to use was that it was.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario